Monday, October 8, 2012

Too lazy for a cult, but ...

Hello ...

I have a fantasy of having my own mindful meditation retreat where angels come to learn about themselves, find quite a few desperate people in prison or just find a few true family and friends to meditate with. I even thought about joining or starting a cult of cute angels. 

Yeah right. 

Let's face it, for those who know me: I'm too lazy for a cult and it's too much work. Still, I would like to teach and mentor nice young angels to my goals, ideas, words, thoughts, dreams and now mindful meditationSo, I joined the LDS Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 2003 bcause of the nice angels there. I now wish it could take meditation more seriously.

Some call LDS a 'mainstream cult'. I do not. For I am a Christian who read in the Holy Bible, but also the Book of Mormon as well as find inner peace and a clearer mind thru meditation, which is easy to get started. Just ... 
  • try to be healthy by eating right and drinking plenty of water,
  • find a quiet comfortable place,
  • learn to think good happy thoughts and listen to soothing music,
  • practice a mantra -- or repeat a favorite phrase over and over. Mine is from John 20.21: "Peace be unto you".
  • then -- most importantly -- learn to clear your mind by taking slow deep breaths.
My church has been very nice to my wife: Sherri, and I have learned my paternal Eversole-Begley family history, that told my now late father and youngest brother of, before they died. My family's past is of Swiss and illegitimate British royal roots of the evil King Edward I, portrayed in Mel Gibson's Oscar-winning movie: "Brave Heart". 

So, why go to all the trouble to start a cult? Ego? A Message? Fame? Riches? Being an internet celebrity? I really do not want to piss off God by taking anybody's money. Especially over b**s**.  These days I much rather be a famous blogger, but I am not too fond of any attention, which tends to be negative. Still, I like the idea of quite a few young angels speaking nicely of me. So I have a message for them:
  • God loves us.
  • God forgive us.
  • God gives us peace.
No sin is too great for our Father in Heaven to forgive through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I have lived and proven myself. For 5 years now, I stayed home to care for my disabled wife, pray, reflect and read scripture. I also sought to make our world better, but -- as a society -- we are too hateful and greedy. So, I pray. 

That is my life. God Bless and Thanks.


                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment