Thursday, May 10, 2018

Boomers: the worse generation.

Yes, that is how I feel because I was able to earn a GED then be an official community college graduate, with a one year business diploma, despite the stupidity around me that was finally proven with the selection of Donald Trump as President of the United States by the Electoral College -- not popular vote that Democrat Hillary Clinton won.

I pride myself on being a smarter and more open minded person who meditates and never voted for a Republican President since I been voting at age 18 in 1980. Yet, I have voted for my GOP Republican Senator and Congressman when I thought they were going to win anyway. This should be how everybody should vote: for the more experienced, intellgent, open minded and reasonable candidate.

Yet, I am seeing smarter and younger open minded enlightened people starting to vote and public education is catching up by requiring current high school students to pass the United States citizenship test before they can officially graduate. If they have trouble then they should their own parents, grandparents and ancestors on how they voted in the past. States are also passing law to try controlling politically bias gerrymandering in the future.

This is hope for the future that there will never be another hateful greedy and judgemental President like Donald Trump, but more needs to be done such as party superdelegates in both major parties and stronger and more logical state ballot laws and requirements such as showing past tax payments that Mr Trump never done.




1 comment:

  1. You insult boomer in the title, yet don't say anything about boomers in your text. You're GED and a one year degree doesn't make you particularity well educated. Especially compared to most boomers. How do you mean you got it "despite" the stupidity.... ? While Trump technically is a boomer that graduated high school in 66 think about whether he is in any way like the boomers that graduated from 66 through 74 and were committed supporters and activists in Civil Right, Women's Rights, environmental causes LGBT rights, and most importantly, the massive anti-Vietnam war movement that required huge personal commitments to rally and protest with hundreds of thousands of others, often not in you home city, and put you in real danger. Remember, protesters were killed and beaten back then.

    I do not appreciate the insult.

    Young people are not smarter than boomers. In fact unless they went to mostly white suburban high schools that are far less educated than boomers. Standards in city schools have been seriously eroded in the last 20 or 30 years. The first year at colleges is now spent teaching people what they should have learned in high school.

    ReplyDelete